Legal intro of Medzie
Privacy Statement version March 2023.
The copyright and all other rights to content, images, photos, or other files on the website belong exclusively to the company Medzie GmbH or the specifically named rights holders. For the reproduction of any elements, the written consent of the copyright holder must be obtained in advance.
Medzie GmbH is taking data protection seriously, treats personal data confidentially, and implements appropriate technical and organizational measures by the Swiss data protection regulations and GDPR.
Medzie GmbH uses your data to provide and improve our services. By using our services you agree to the collection and use of information following this policy.
When you use our services on the Medzie online platform, we process various personal data that can be associated with you (“personal data”). We generally collect your personal data directly from you, e.g. upon Medzie registration, when providing our services to you, or during interaction or communication with us. We can also obtain personal data from other sources such as third parties, public registers (e.g. FOPH registers like MedReg, NAREG, BetReg, etc.), media, and the Internet in order to keep your information from publicly accessible sources fully up to date.
You may contact us to claim your rights and you can opt-out here at any time.
Medzie GmbH is collecting data to provide and improve our services, which may include but are not limited to:
- provide and maintain the Service
- notify you about changes to our Service and facilitate communication with you
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- provide customer care and support
- provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- monitor the usage of the Service
- manage contractual and/or employment relationships with you. Recruitment
For you to be able to register and use it and our services, we will process various personal data from you, in particular:
- Information that is required for registration. This particularly includes contact details (Email address, first name and last name, Phone number, Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City), information about education and professional experience as well as language skills. The candidate can voluntarily provide further information (e.g. profile photo, copies of degree certificates, etc.);
- Information about healthcare professionals is required to facilitate the issue and processing of the framework employment contract. This particularly includes bank account details and further information required for registration with insurance schemes;
- Information about healthcare facilities and the client’s contact persons that are required for Medzie registration as well as the issue and processing of hire contracts. This particularly includes information about the company, the contact person’s contact details, and the VAT number;
- Location data of the user;
Processing of your data
Personal data is all information relating to an identified or identifiable person. A data subject is a person about whom personal data is processed. Processing includes any handling of personal data, regardless of the means and procedures used, in particular the storage, disclosure, procurement, deletion, storage, modification, destruction, and use of personal data.
We process personal data by the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection regulations SFADP and GDPR.
Medzie GmbH is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and we’ll only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you requested from us. From time to time, we would like to contact you about our products and services, as well as other content that may be of interest to you
By Registering or signing up for our internet services, you consent to authorize Medzie to process and store your data. You agree that customers and potential employers can access your CV, your contact details, and the list of skills, and experiences you have completed…
By Registering or signing up you consent to authorize Medzie GmbH to communicate with you, for personal interactions as well as receive marketing information via emails.
You can manage your subscription preferences to define the type of information you would like to receive automatically using this link.
As part of our processing of personal data, the data may be transmitted to or disclosed to other bodies, companies, legally independent organizational units, or persons. The recipients of this data may include, for example, service providers commissioned with IT tasks or providers of services and content that are integrated into a website. In such cases, we observe the legal requirements and, in particular, conclude corresponding contracts or agreements with the recipients of your data that serve to protect your data.
Tracking and Cookies Usage
We process your personal data when you visit our online services.
We collect personal data during your visits to our website, including but not limited to data about data traffic and location data, data from weblogs, contents of surveys and contact forms and other communication data and information that you access. For example, this also includes technical data such as the time of access to our website, the duration of the visit, the pages retrieved, and details about the device used (e.g. tablet, PC, or mobile phone). Our collection of this personal data is intended to facilitate your future visits to the website by enabling us to propose contents to you that are relevant to you on the basis of the location from which you access the website.
General information about cookies
The following types of cookies and functions are distinguished:
- Temporary cookies (also: session cookies): Temporary cookies are deleted at the latest after a user has left an online offer and closed his browser.
- Permanent cookies: Permanent cookies remain stored even after closing the browser. For example, the login status can be saved or preferred content can be displayed directly when the user visits a website again. Likewise, the interests of users used for reach measurement or marketing purposes may be stored in such a cookie.
- First-party cookies: First-party cookies are set by ourselves and can be managed in the cookie preferences.
- Third-party cookies: Third-party cookies are mainly used by advertisers (so-called third parties) to process user information.
- Necessary (also: essential or strictly necessary) cookies: On the one hand, cookies may be necessary for the operation of a website (e.g. to store logins or other user input or for security reasons).
Automated individual decision-making
“Automated individual decision-making” comprises decisions that are made automatically, i.e. without any relevant human influence, and which could have negative legal implications or other similarly negative consequences for you.
If you apply for jobs or assignments as a candidate online via the Adia online platform, we make automated individual decisions in order to check your suitability with regard to specific jobs advertised and to hire you on this basis. We also make automated individual decisions to verify your candidate profile. We obtain your consent to this automated individual decision-making in advance, which is when you register on the Medzie online platform.
By the legal requirements, taking into account the state of the art, the implementation costs, and the nature, scope, circumstances, and purposes of the processing as well as the different probabilities of occurrence and the extent of the threat to the rights and freedoms of natural persons, we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of protection appropriate to the risk.
The measures shall include, in particular, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data by controlling physical and electronic access to the data, as well as access, input, disclosure, availability, and separation. Furthermore, we have established procedures to ensure the exercise of data subject rights, the deletion of data, and reactions to data threats. Furthermore, we take into account the protection of personal data already in the development or selection of hardware, software, and procedures following the principle of data protection, through technology design and data protection-friendly default settings.
Although Medzie does everything in its power to protect users’ data, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. If you share personal data via the Internet, you need to be aware that your data may be accessible to others and consequently may be collected and used by others without your consent. Your data can also get lost or be viewed by unauthorized parties during transmission.
Liability for links
References and links to third-party websites are provided solely for the convenience of users outside our area of responsibility Any responsibility for such websites is rejected. Access to and use of such websites is at the user's own risk.
Personal data such as ID, is required for the Identity verification process managed by our service provider Fidentity AG following their Data Privacy and Data Security Policies. Medzie doesn’t assume responsibility for any violations of Fidentity owned policies.
We store your personal data as long as this is necessary for the purpose for which they have been collected and as long as we have a legitimate interest in the retention of personal data, for example for archiving purposes and IT security. We also store your personal data insofar as long as this is required in accordance with a statutory retention obligation.
According to the prevailing data protection provisions, you have the following rights:
- Right to information and a copy of your personal data: You are entitled to request confirmation of whether we process your personal data. You are entitled to request detailed information about which personal data we have about you and how we process them, as well as a copy of your personal data. In some restricted cases, you are entitled to request the portability of your personal data.
- Right to correction of your personal data: If you are able to prove that the personal data we have stored about you are not correct, you can request that this information be updated or otherwise corrected.
- Right to be forgotten/deletion of your personal data: Under certain circumstances, you are entitled to the deletion of your personal data. You can submit such a request at any time and Adia will review whether your request can be granted. However, this right is subject to statutory rights and obligations that we may be under to store data. In those cases in which we conclude in accordance with prevailing law that your request for the deletion of your personal data must be granted, Adia will comply with it immediately.
- Right of restriction or revocation concerning the processing of your data: Under certain circumstances, you are entitled to demand that the processing of your personal data is restricted or to object to its processing for reasons pertaining to your particular situation.
You can contact us at the following e-mail address to exercise your rights: email@example.com
Insofar as our processing of your personal data is based on your consent (e.g. marketing e-mails), you are also entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. Such revocation of your consent shall not affect the legality of any processing carried out on the basis of your consent prior to the receipt of the revocation. Please note that even if you decide to withdraw your consent, we remain entitled to process your personal data to the extent required or permitted by law.
You may also submit a complaint about our processing of your personal data to your local data protection authority, in Switzerland the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
Please note that this privacy statement will regularly be updated to reflect any changes in the way Medzie GmbH will use, process, and handle personal data or any changes in applicable laws.
Medzie GmbH assumes no responsibility for the correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, and completeness of the information.
Liability claims against the author due to material or immaterial damage resulting from access to or use or non-use of the published information, misuse of the connection, or technical faults are excluded, overall excluded to the extent permitted by law.
All offers are non-binding. The author expressly reserves the right to change, supplement or delete parts or the entire offer without separate announcement or to cease publication temporarily or permanently.
The job advertisements and applications made available via the website come from users and not from Medzie GmbH. The application process takes place directly between advertisers and job seekers. Medzie GmbH can therefore assume no liability for the correct description of the advertised positions, the information provided by job seekers, or the correct handling of the application process.
Medzie GmbH endeavors to ensure uninterrupted operation of the website, but is not liable for the temporary unavailability of the website or certain functions, nor for transmission delays or errors.
Despite the use of security measures to protect the data entered by users and the documents uploaded, the transmission of data over the Internet is never completely secure. Medzie GmbH cannot guarantee security, viruses, or hacker attacks. Each transmission and each opening of data and documents is at the user's own risk.